Need for Speed Unbound is an upcoming racing simulator in the massively popular franchise. Here’s everything about Need for Speed Unbound including its release date, platforms, pre-orders, gameplay, and trailers.
After a brief break, Criterion Games and EA are back with a brand new Need for Speed game. The upcoming title will see players live their dream of being a racer who’s on a mission to win the street racing challenge- The Grand.
There are overhauled aesthetics featuring cel-shading and photo-realistic graphics. Players will witness a completely new type of NFS game. However, there’ll be the same adrenaline boosts while racing.
Need For Speed Unbound Release Date and Early Access Time
Need For Speed Unbound has a scheduled release date of Friday, December 2, 2022. The game was just unveiled a week ago and it already has a launch planned a month later. This means EA had been secretly progressing with the game behind the curtains.
If you can’t wait even that long, you can play Need For Speed Unbound on the early access launch set for November 29, 2022. However, you’ll require an EA Play membership for that and it’ll be a 10-hour trial which will likely start at midnight ET.
December will be an exciting month with NFS Unbound set to arrive alongside Krafton’s The Calisto Protocol and Marvel’s Midnight Suns.
Need For Speed Unbound Platforms: Will it be on PS4/ Xbox One?
Need For Speed Unbound will launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Microsoft Windows PC. The game will only be available on the latest-gen consoles and not on the last-gen ones.
Players won’t be able to play Need For Speed Unbound on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It won’t be available on Nintendo Switch either. Although Switch fans have a packed schedule coming with Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, Harvestella, Sonic Frontiers, and others lined up.
Need For Speed Unbound Pre-Orders: How to Get Bonus?
Need For Speed Unbound is available for pre-order now on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Store. The game is available in two editions- Standard Edition and Palace Edition. The former costs $69.99 while the latter is priced at $79.99 ($71.99 with EA Play).
When you pre-order Need For Speed Unbound Palace Edition on PS5 or Xbox, you can get a deluxe bonus coming as part of EA’s partnership with Palace Skateboards. The rewards include four custom cars, a clothing pack, a driving effect, decals, and a license plate.
The early buyers of the Palace Edition will enjoy three days of early access to NFS Unbound starting November 29, 2022, given they have an EA Play Pro subscription that costs $14.99 a month.
Need For Speed Unbound Gameplay & Story
Need For Speed Unbound will follow the story of two friends who are ripped apart by a robbery at a family auto shop. You will have to rise from rookie to a top racer on the streets to win the ultimate race and reclaim the stolen car.
Players will be taking on actor and rapper A$AP Rocky in an event where “you will have to prove your skills” against the star. Just like in the past games in the series, you’ll have to pull big drifts on the streets and evade cops. There are also multiplayer options available.
You can join underground meetups across Lakeshore (a fictional version of Chicago) with the online street racing community. The game features multiplayer races and a mode called “Takeover Scene.”
EA describes it as “a new replayable precision driving mode.” However, the full details are yet to be revealed at the time of this writing. It will challenge drivers to take over certain parts of the city and will likely focus more on tricking driving, instead of winning races.
New Features in Need For Speed Unbound
The most significant new features in Need For Speed Unbound are the unique art styles and aesthetics. There are photo-realistic vehicles with stunning visuals. Every time you pull off cool maneuvers such as jumps and near misses, you’ll gain the power to boost the speed.
When you use this boost, there will be stylish visual effects exploding around your car. There are colored exhaust, neon lights, and bold decals to fill the screen. It seems like a mix of realism, graffiti, and anime that appears incredible to be put together.
You can also unlock and select the effects you’d like to use with your car alongside the usual customizations such as car wraps and other parts. You can even turn off the flashy new effects if you don’t like them.
The characters are also customizable with outfits and costume effects. EA has stated that new content will be added to the game for free after its launch. However, they didn’t explain it specifically.
Need For Speed Unbound Trailers: Watch Here
We have got two trailers for Need For Speed Unbound thus far. The first one was the reveal trailer that announced the game and dropped on October 6th. It shows off the new type of visuals and teases the soundtrack. You can take a look at it here:
EA followed it up with another trailer that revealed the Need For Speed Unbound gameplay. It was dropped on Twitter on October 11th and shows off the street-art-esque driving effects. You can watch it here:
Customize your style. Choose your driving effects. Get noticed.
— Need for Speed (@NeedforSpeed) October 11, 2022
More trailers will be available as well near the release date for NFS Unbound.
List of Cars Available in Need For Speed Unbound
We have also figured out what cars will be available in Need For Speed Unbound as EA has confirmed that via the official website for the game. Here’s the list of cars you can find in NFS Unbound on launch:
- Acura NSX 2017
- Acura RSX-S 2004
- Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 2016
- Aston Martin DB5 1964
- Aston Martin DB11 Volante 2018
- Aston Martin DB11 2017
- Aston Martin Vulcan 2016
- BMW M3 2006
- BMW M3 Evolution II 1988
- BMW X6 M 2016
- BMW M3 2010
- BMW M5 2018
- BMW Z4 M40i 2019
- BMW M4 Coupe 2018
- BMW M2 Competition 2019
- BMW M1 1981
- BMW i8 Coupe 2018
- BMW M4 GTS 2016
- BMW M3 Convertible 2010
- BMW M4 Convertible 2017
- BMW i8 Roadster 2018
- Bugatti Chiron Sport 2017
- Buick Grand National GNX 1987
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2020
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible 2020
- Chevrolet C10 Stepside Pickup 1965
- Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 2017
- Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2014
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2013
- Chevrolet Camaro SS 1967
- Chevrolet Bel Air 1955
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 2019
- Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 2017
- Dodge Challenger SRT8 2014
- Dodge Charger R/T 1969
- Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat 2019
- Ferrari LaFerrari 2016
- Ferrari Testarossa Coupé 1984
- Ferrari 488 GTB 2016
- Ferrari F40 1988
- Ferrari 458 Italia 2009
- Ferrari 488 Pista 2019
- Ferrari FXX-K Evo 2018
- Ferrari 458 Spider 2011
- Ford F-150 Raptor 2017
- Ford Mustang GT 2015
- Ford GT 2017
- Ford Mustang BOSS 302 1969
- Ford Mustang 1965
- Ford Mustang Foxbody 1990
- Ford Crown Victoria 2008
- Ford Focus RS 2016
- Ford Mustang GT Convertible 2019
- Honda Civic Type-R 2000
- Honda Civic Type-R 2015
- Honda NSX Type-R 1992
- Honda S2000 Ultimate Edition 2009
- Infiniti Q60S 2017
- Jaguar F-Type R Coupe 2016
- Jaguar F-Type R Convertible 2019
- Koenigsegg Regera 2016
- Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4 2021
- Lamborghini Huracán LP580-2 2018
- Lamborghini Aventador S 2018
- Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary 1989
- Lamborghini Murciélago SV 2010
- Lamborghini Urus 2018
- Lamborghini Huracán Performante 2018
- Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Coupe 2019
- Lamborghini Diablo SV 1995
- Lamborghini Huracán LP580-2 Spyder 2018
- Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster 2018
- Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster 2019
- Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV Roadster 2018
- Lamborghini Huracán Performante Spyder 2018
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR 2015
- Land Rover Defender 110 Double Cab Pickup 2015
- Lotus Exige S 2006
- Lotus Emira 2021
- Mazda RX-7 Spirit R 2002
- Mazda MX5 1996
- Mazda RX-8 Spirit R (R3) 2011
- Mazda MX5 2015
- McLaren P1 2014
- McLaren F1 1993
- McLaren 570S 2015
- McLaren 570S Spider 2018
- McLaren 600LT 2018
- McLaren P1 GTR 2015
- Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 1988
- Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe 2018
- Mercedes-AMG G 63 2017
- Mercedes-AMG GT S 2019
- Mercedes-AMG A 45 2016
- Mercedes-AMG GT R 2017
- Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster 2019
- Mercedes-AMG C 63 Cabriolet 2018
- Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series 2021
- Mercury Cougar 1967
- MINI John Cooper Works Countryman 2017
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX 2007
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X 2008
- Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 1999
- NISSAN GT-R Premium 2017
- NISSAN Skyline GT-R V·Spec 1999
- NISSAN 370Z Heritage Edition 2019
- NISSAN Silvia K’s 1998
- NISSAN Z Prototype 2022
- NISSAN Silvia Spec-R Aero 2002
- NISSAN Skyline GT-R V·Spec 1993
- NISSAN 350Z 2008
- NISSAN Skyline 2000 GT-R 1971
- NISSAN Fairlady 240ZG 1971
- NISSAN 180SX Type X 1996
- NISSAN 370Z Nismo 2015
- NISSAN GT-R Nismo 2017
- Pagani Huayra BC 2017
- Plymouth Cuda 1970
- Polestar Polestar 1 2020
- Pontiac Firebird 1977
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS 2019
- Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 1973
- Porsche 918 Spyder 2015
- Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 2018
- Porsche 911 Carrera S 1997
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS 2018
- Porsche Panamera Turbo 2017
- Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series 2018
- Porsche Boxster 718 Spyder 2020
- Porsche 911 Carrera GTS 2018
- Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet Exclusive 2018
- Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS 2018
- Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Convertible 2018
- Porsche Cayman GT4 2015
- SRT Viper GTS 2014
- SUBARU Impreza WRX STI 2006
- SUBARU BRZ Premium 2014
- SUBARU Impreza WRX STI 2010
- Volkswagen Beetle 1963
- Volkswagen Golf GTI 1976
- Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport 2016
- Volvo 242DL 1975
- Volvo Amazon P130 1970
More cars will likely be available later as EA has promised to add more content to the game after launch. That’s all you need to know about the upcoming NFS game. Are you excited about it?